Quick update: Though pretty awesome while it lasted, Vizify was acquired by Yahoo in 2014 and, near as I can tell, is no longer happening in any way. Nobody ever knows what Yahoo does with things they gobble up… It’s weird.
I discovered this new site a few months back and have been itching to share it with the world. I love passing on cool resources, and this one is easily one of the most visually pleasing ways to introduce yourself that I’ve ever seen. I’m pretty fascinated with it!
The gist of it is that once you fill in a few simple blanks with a few facts about yourself, you’re left with a stunning visual storyboard of your life. Best of all, there’s very little updating you’ll ever have to do with it as well!
It creates an interactive infographic about none other than you! It’s nifty! I’ll show you in the pictures after the jump.
Why A Visual Storyboard Of You?
Now some people won’t have the time to mess with this if they’re already maintaining there own personal brand or blog online, but for some, it may be all you need!
For some, like myself, it might be a nice addition to what you already have going on! Make it a bit more fun and interactive.
They say a truth on their site, “Like it or not, people look you up online when they meet you or before they hire you”. So true!
Some immediate thoughts I had for it were
- Using it to introduce yourself in the new Google+ community or Facebook group you just joined.
- Making it available for your new colleagues in the new job you just got.
- If you’re a leader of an organization, have your people fill it out as a “get to know ya and what you’re about” thing for each other.
- If you’re in ministry, you or your staff could have pages of there own to show their story, where they are online, and what they’re about to the public and people you reach.
- Spruce up your About page on your website with it! (I plan to do this!)
- Make a Vizify profile for your brand, business or organization so people can see what you’re about!
- Or any other number of ideas you might come up with!
The point is that it’s a visual storyboard of you and what you’re about! It’s fun to interact with and super easy to set up. I set mine up in about ten minutes.
Plus, for those of us who are online all over the place, it’s basically a “the more you have to fill out, the more fun you’re going to have with it” sort of deal. Like I mentioned, I’ll be using my Vizify on my About page right here on this site to make it a bit more fun!
My favorite aspect of it was the “Things I say alot on Twitter” page! It’s awesome and personally makes me proud to see what topic is most on my mind. :) Haha.
So without further ado, check out the photos I’ve supplied below, and then hop over to www.vizify.com to set up your profile!
After you do, link to it in the comments would ya!? I’d love to see yours and get to know you!
Do you think this is something you’ll use? What clever ways could you or your organization use this? After you make yours link it in the comments so I can check yours out!