Now that March is over halfway through with itself, I thought it would be a nice touch to give a February update. Being in ministry, and raising support too, I often have people who wish to keep tabs on what I’m up to. I call these my Mission Partners.
However, March simply hit with a full force blitz and we have barely had time to reflect or hardly even realize the months changed! In fact, I’m writing this while on the road… But that’s for next month’s update. So, on with the February recap…
The Happenings Of February
Here are a few highlights from ministry, projects, and life in February (in no particular order):
- C3 Conference – The church I work with, CrossPoint Church, made the trip down to Dallas for the renowned Creative Churches Conference hosted by Fellowship Church. It was an exciting opportunity and I loved the chance to see how other churches achieve great success in many different areas of ministry. Even if theologies don’t agree on every point of doctrine, we always have so much to learn from each other! Plus, wow, Fellowship Church puts on one heck of a stylin conference. They rocked it. I admire our church for taking 80+ staff and personnel to challenge our thinking and give us an opportunity to grow.
- Ordination Interview – I’m honored to say I had the opportunity to be grilled by a council of Godly men that I really respect and appreciate. Along with a few of the other campus pastors from the CrossPoint Church, I was questioned on a bunch of things like theology, life style, testimony and more. Then these men decide if they think I should be an “ordained minister” – as in, officially and legally recognized as gifted, educated, and capable of performing the duties of a good minister of the Christian faith. That’s the simple way to put it at least.
- Developed More On A New Blog For Manliness – I will be announcing this at the end of this month as I have made some serious head-way on this side-project. I’m excited to begin a little adventure of sorts with this new blog. I’m bursting at the seems to get it going and being utilized!
- Made Profit Off Of Think Well (this blog) – Yep, February was the first time I’ve made real profit off of my blogging. It’s been exciting to watch the usefulness of this blog continue to spread. I love helping people and conversing with others. I love the feedback on and offline that I get (currently most is offline) and I’m so thrilled to be able to utilize something I love doing to help you in your ministry or personal life!
- Got All My Gear For Podcasting – Another thing I’ve been itching like crazy to get going is a podcast. I got my gear and am now making episodes and gathering content together so I can launch this well. I’m dreaming of many possibilities with this, but even if it amounts to nothing, I’m going to love doing it!
- Vision Casting With Wife – Haha, seriously though… We had a very successful sit-down chat and discussion about the near future and some goals we have. Never underestimate what a little vision meeting with your own spouse can do! We both feel really excited about the future, the way God is using us and our gifts, goals and plans we have set, and even the unknown that is sure to change as God works out the works he has for us. We mapped out what the rest of this year will be like, lord willing, if left up to us. Of course it won’t be exact but God knows we’re maximizing to the best of our abilities.
- Decided To Shut Down The Lighthouse – If you don’t know what “The Lighthouse” is, I dont’ blame you. I have meant to do a post about this, but until then, I’ll tell you in simple-form that it’s a Men’s Ministry house I developed while I was working on staff with a local collegiate ministry. I’m not thrilled that it has been decided to be shut down and think it’s a sad business move as well, but due to lack of leadership for the house, there is no way to keep it going. Since I no longer officially work for them, I can’t control that. I’m helping to see it’s transitioned out smoothly. It’s simply a lesson in the consequences of what happens when leadership conflicts are not handled well. Sad.
- Serious Youth Group Growth In My Church – I’m quite proud of my youth director and his wife for getting after these youngen’s in our church’s community. We hit peak numbers in the month of February. We had expected about 3 and hit 12 that month. I know it doesn’t seem like much, but for this little campus in this tiny town, it’s quite a noteworthy thing. I feel God is working in that and I would even say I believe he is blessing the service of Isaac and Brandell for their willingness.
- Our CrossPoint Church Is Growing – I believe it is official that I may be leading the streakiest church I’ve ever known of. As in most involved are there one week and gone the next, back for two, gone for one and so on. It’s funny, but it’s strange too. However, God continues to spread the influence in the little town of WaKeeney as well as across the entire CrossPoint network in the entire state of KS. It’s a lot of fun to work with a church that God is using in such big ways to reach so many!
As always, this is simply a quick highlight and it’s a bit more business related. I realize that I need to throw in a few more “personal stories” for those of you who want to know the specific relational influence that happens. I will try to do a better job of jotting down highlights from those one-on-one convos and investments in the future. It’s always easier for me to remember the more “leadership style happenings” because that’s more geared towards my gift set.
Also, we had a pretty epic snow that put us under nearly 20 inches of powder! That was a good time! I personally enjoy the snow. As always, you can keep up with those mini-updates through my social outposts! If we’re not friends on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Google+ then use those links up top and go add me!
Let me know how I could pray for or support you in what God is doing in your life as well! He is good! Thanks for all the love!