Let’s be real here: I love comments!
They have the potential to brighten someone’s day and make someone really feel appreciated. They can turn a blog into a community rather than some group of weirdos archiving their thoughts. Often, your comments lend more value to the post than the original writing even!
I want you to comment, feeling safe, respected, and appreciated. I also want you to give the same to myself as the owner and any other authors and commenters on the site!
So let’s talk about that.
This site provides the opportunity for visitors to communicate in the public domain through visitor-submitted, published comments. The nature inherent in online dialog raises significant questions in the areas of privacy, responsibility, and ownership of data related to these published conversations.
It is my belief that you deserve to know your rights and responsibilities as a commenter on this site. You also deserve to know our rights, responsibilities, and intentions as site owner(s) with regards to the comment-related data you freely provide. Consequently, this Comment Policy governs your responsibilities and discloses our intent with your comment data.
If you are unsure what something means, please ask. Contact information is available at the bottom of the Comment Policy.
This site is intended for all ages. However, you’ll see quickly that a very frank and transparent dialogue is often assumed here, and coupled with some topics, this could mean a younger-than-teen audience may not be the best suited for this site.
That said, kids are exposed to most subjects at a much younger age than you likely think. So it could be quite useful for you to allow them to partake in some honest, constructive dialogue here.
Please use discretion with your kids.
Generally speaking, if you remain respectful and kind towards others, you’ll have no problem here. However, I still must say all of this:
- Commenters have the right to be presented with age-appropriate dialog and treated with both common courtesy and respect. If you believe this right has been violated, please notify the site owner. Conversely, commenters are expected interact with age-appropriate dialog and to treat others with common courtesy and respect.
- You are 100% responsible for your comment and represents not only your opinion but also your person. Take that into consideration when you post!
- Please use good taste in the content of your comment as well as your word choice. I don’t have issue with “bad” language unless it used aggressively or in super poor taste.
- No personal attacks of any kind will be accepted! Idea attacking is usually acceptable, but my discretion will rule in when it becomes personal.
- I try hard to create valuable content that promotes useful, helpful, thinking and discussion. Please do your best to stay high value as well. This doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy some fun… that’s valuable too. Just not at the expense of others in a hurtful way.
- Please no affiliate links in your comments and please limit the amount of links in your comment.
- I cannot guarantee that I will respond to your comment! It is what it is!
- If your comment falls into moderation I will do my best to get it out quickly. This rarely happens if you comment like a normal person.
- URL – Please use a legitimate and operating URL that you control specifically.
- Email – Please use a working email address as I may want to contact you directly!
- Pingbacks are considered comments and will be treated as such.
As site owner I reserve the right to edit, delete, suspend, or publish comment data solely at my discretion.
I rarely do this, but if I do edit your comment I make not of it in the comment itself.
Comment data related to your real identity, such as name, URL, and email address will never be shared, bartered, or sold to third parties.
Commenters may comment anonymously. Real names are preferred. “Brand Names” and online personas are permitted.
Comment data is used for the express purpose of allowing visitors to participate in visible, public discussion on this site. We do not foresee any other reason to use your data at this time, but if a desire does arise, I do retain the right to utilize this information as desired unless you have taken the initiative to delete or otherwise request your content not be used.
Rest assured I will never sell your info to mailers – I hate that too!
License to Publish
Commenter grants site owner(s) a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and non-exclusive license to use comment data in any form of published work or performance including, but not limited to, web sites, digital eBooks, print, audio, video, live and broadcast events.
Commenters agree to “hold harmless” site owners and authors from any and all legal repercussions, damages, and liabilities perceived to have been caused by participating in this site’s online conversations.
If you have questions or suggestions about this comment policy, please contact me from the Contact page or with info below!
Email: contact [at] rileyadamvoth.com
By the way: If you leave a comment here, it’s extremely likely I’ll head your way and leave some comments at your place as well!